Swansea Trials Unit
Professor Greg Fegan
Swansea Trials Unit (STU) is based in the Singleton Park Campus of Swansea University. STU works closely with researchers from Swansea, other universities and the NHS across South West Wales and beyond.
What does STU do?
- Supports a regional trials network committed to scientific rigour, practical relevance and inter-disciplinary collaboration across the range of research methods
- Provides a research design service and regular training courses to build capacity in clinical trials; offers advice in and support for design, regulation, recruitment, data collection, qualitative studies, management and analysis
- Works with Health and Care Research Wales funded centres and units and similar collaborations, especially in research development groups, to design, fund, conduct, analyse, report and synthesise clinical trials, and supports implementation of their findings
- Contributes technical expertise to the formal research partnership between Swansea University and Swansea Bay University Health Board (SB UHB) which serves a population of over 500,000.
- Maintains a portfolio of standard operating procedures for the design, conduct, analysis and reporting of clinical trials
- Undertakes research to address methodological issues in clinical trials with emphasis on the areas of patient reported outcome measures and E-Trials where we look to leverage the use of routinely collected data stored in repositories