Research Centres have an all-Wales remit to support multi-disciplinary health and social care research teams who have a track record of research excellence, to address areas of public need.
The Centres are:
Centre for Ageing and Dementia Research
National Centre for Mental Health
Wales Cancer Research Centre
PRIME Centre Wales (the Wales Centre for Primary and Emergency Care Research)
National Centre for Population Health and Wellbeing Research
Within their area of research, Centres will:
- be ‘pillars of research excellence’;
- drive research development and delivery across the translational spectrum;
- generate grant funding;
- build capacity and capability;
- foster collaboration across sectors;
- engage with and involve the public in research; and
- facilitate translation of research.