North Wales Organisation for Randomised Trials in Health
Professor Paul Brocklehurst
The Bangor University led North Wales Organisation for Randomised Trials in Health aims to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Wales and beyond by evaluating complex interventions in health and social care and advancing the theory and practice of randomised controlled trials and other rigorous designs for evaluation.
The Trials Unit has responsibility for delivering a Research Design and Conduct Service within Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board and Powys Teaching Health Board areas.
The Trials Unit will:
- Increase research activity in areas of strategic, clinical and methodological importance
- Develop methodologically innovative approaches that are required to conduct trials and other well-designed studies in the reality of practice settings
- Work in partnership by sustaining existing and developing new partnerships and collaborations
- Build capability and capacity to conduct clinical trials and other well-designed studies
- Mobilise knowledge from our research to ensure maximum impact from public investment
- Provide a Research Design and Conduct Service to encourage and support Health and Social Care professionals to engage in research and develop high quality research proposals