Aim: By the end of the workshop, delegates will establish research development groups for research in care homes to turn into grant applications
The Centre for Trials Research and PRIME Centre Wales
Delegates should be:
- Either currently actively involved in or willing to develop research ideas in the focus areas
- Wales-based researchers
- Researchers with an interest in this area who want to find collaborators, either by pitching an idea or joining forces with some fellow researchers with similar interests
- Willing to select at least one area of interest upon registration
- Please note: this will be a very active day with the emphasis on delegates getting actively involved in formulating research questions, rather than being a passive information sharing session
Structure of the day:
- In the morning, up to 15 delegates will pitch ideas for 2 minutes each. There will be support in advance to guide them on how to present.
- There are 15 priority research ideas to choose from.
- Afterwards, presenters will form groups and delegates can take time throughout the day to go round and discuss ideas of interest.
- Tea and coffee and food will be available throughout the day.
- The aim is to have a prototype study to present by the end of the day.
Delegates who wish to pitch an idea should notify the Centre/PRIME team by 15 June 2016 which idea they want to pitch. They will be provided with guidance on how to pitch in advance of their 2 minutes.
To register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/research-priority-setting-in-care-homes-research-development-workshop-tickets-25378071495