Centre for Ageing and Dementia Research
Professor Andrea Tales email@example.com
Dr Charles Musselwhite firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swansea University led Centre for Ageing and Dementia Research has a mission to become a world class research centre, addressing internationally important questions in ageing and dementia.
It will do so by integrating multi-disciplinary activity and developing areas of expertise including biological, psychosocial and environmental, through to social policy in ageing and dementia.
The Centre will:
- provide essential infrastructure to enable leading researchers in ageing and dementia research to compete globally;
- develop and build research capacity;
- serve as a platform for internationally competitive, multi-disciplinary and translational research that will have direct impact on the health and well-being of the people of Wales;
- facilitate the translation of biological and psychosocial research findings into clinical, diagnostic and social care practice within Wales;
- work with policy makers and practitioners to share research findings, establish research priorities and collaborations, and work with them to improve services for older people in Wales;
- engage with the public to ensure that the Centre’s research addresses the needs of older people, people with dementia and carers, as well as the public in general; and
- develop business and clinical links, contributing to the health and wealth of Wales as well as enhancing the Life Science sector.